Welcome to "the strangest thing happened..."

Whenever something strange, unusual, out of the ordinary, or hilarious happens to or around me, I will use this blog as a place to tell about it. I tend to be in the right place at the right time to see, hear, or experience some pretty entertaining things, so I thought I would share them with all of you.

I hope that you get many good laughs out of it, I know I sure do.

Monday, February 1, 2010

February 1st

This morning on the train ride in to work, a very metro young man sitting next to me was listening to music on his headphones on his smart phone. I'm not sure if he realized it or not, but the headphones weren't exactly working right, and he was playing techno music out of the speaker phone pretty loudly. I don't know about you, but techno club dance music is not something I prefer to listen to at 7:20 in the morning! Needless to say, I don't know which was funnier, the kid playing music for the whole train car, or the fact that not a single person (myself included) alerted him to his situation. Despite some annoyed glances tossed over shoulders, he never caught on...

But this was only the beginning. I thought this could be the most interesting thing about my day, until a few minutes ago, one of my sweet, older gentlemen co-workers informed me that he liked my new sweater (according to him, it makes me look collegiate and preppy) and that I smelled very nice and he asked what it was. I told him it must be my shampoo, because I don't think I put any perfume on today. Then he proceeded to tell me that maybe it was just my "natural horomonal discharge." I have never received a more awkward compliment in my entire life. He has such a sweet heart and only good intentions, so I knew what he meant, but we both shared a real good laugh regarding the grossness of what he just said...

I can't wait to see what the rest of the day holds in store....

So I just got out of a team meeting, during which I had the hiccups for about 20 minutes of. Extremely uncomfortable to hold in or keep quiet. It was like the elephant in the room. Everyone could hear them, everyone could see me bounce with each one, but no one ever laughed with me or said a word about it...

1 comment:

  1. When your mom told me this story I laughed SO HARD! That is the funniest thing I've ever heard. I'm laughing all over again reading it here! thanks for the morning smile, Kibble and Prentiss!

    ReplyDelete