Welcome to "the strangest thing happened..."

Whenever something strange, unusual, out of the ordinary, or hilarious happens to or around me, I will use this blog as a place to tell about it. I tend to be in the right place at the right time to see, hear, or experience some pretty entertaining things, so I thought I would share them with all of you.

I hope that you get many good laughs out of it, I know I sure do.

Friday, March 5, 2010

March 5th

Today I completed my very first Rubik's cube! I must be honest, I was only able to complete and orient the top layer all on my own. I relied on a few other people's algorithms to finish the bottom two layers, so I didn't solve it entirely on my own. However, even with a few extra-helps, this thing was tricky. I have a much better idea of how it works now, so that is nice. It involves memorizing strategic moving patterns and repeating them over and over. I'm going to buy a new cube and work on memorizing so I can do a whole cube all on my own! Anyways, all those kids who can solve it in like 1 minute, it took me like 3.5 hours, so there! Woohoo! Check this one off the bucket list! Yah!

1 comment:

  1. If Rubik's cube is on your bucket list, let's evaluate your list and take things up a notch. I'm thinking...

    • Trip to France with your mentor
    • Making dinner for your mentor and her husband
    • End world hunger

    ...Stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete